Outdoor Revolution Starcamper 3 - 2010 Tent
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
madman iaink
single blade freak

20-04-10, 06:40 PM

Outdoor Revolution Starcamper 3 - 2010 Tent

iI have recently purchased (well about 2 months ago) this tent for camping in when spending a weekend away somewhere and having a base camp.
Upto now i have only had it up in the garden to check it over but first impressins are good it is a good sized tent with a seperately fitted liner for a room that supposedly sleeps 4 but i would say to be cofy it would only be 3 people i can stand up in the well proportioned porch area that has both a side and front entrance large windows are fitted to give good light during the dayand a fitted groundsheet throught the tent is an added bonus. The tent seems easy enough to put up with 3 poles and approx 20 pegs and its up means its quick to get up in a hurry. All the specifications for the tent are listed below and i will do a full test of it at the bala spring meet so await this space for more information.

[Image: 10tent-outdoorrevolution-starcamper3_lg.jpg]

The Starcamper 3 was voted the experts choice for best 3 person tent in the Guardian newspapers camping supplement in the summer of 2007. The spacious three person tent is 3000mm Hydrostatic Head, with revolutionary RevTex 3000 fabric. It also comes with prebent fibre glass for maximum head room and a breathable polyester inner.

Berth / Capacity: 3Person
Type of Tent: Festival Tunnel
Pitching Way: In One
Performance Rating: 2 Season
Waterproofing / HH: 3000(mm)
Flysheet Material: RevTex™ Polyester
Groundsheet: PE Sewn-in
Poles: Fibreglass
Overall Pitched Size: (L)383 x (W)225 x (H)150(cm)
Packed Dimensions: (cm)
Total Weight: 8.02(Kg)

* Revtex 3000 Flysheet– Waterproof, durable and reliable outer material
* Fire Retardant Fabrics – Reduces chance of ignition from naked flame and will not flare dangerously out of control
* 3000mm H/H - Can withstand up to 3 metres of rainfall
* Fully Taped Seams – Seams are pre-sealed to prevent water ingress
* Polyester Inner - Breathable polyester inner tent with anti-bug mesh
* Fibreglass Poles - Tough, sturdy and reliable, yet lightweight and easy to handle
* Continuous Pole Sleeves - No breaks in the pole sleeve so pole can be push through in one go
* Quick Clip Pole Attachment – Short pole-sleeves and clips make fixing poles quick and easy
* Ring and Pin System – More secure way to fasten pole ends
* Buckle Adjusters at Pole Ends – Reduce tension for ease in securing pole
* Reinforced Pegging Points - All anchor pegging are reinforced to provide extra strength where it is needed
* Flysheet First Pitching - It is the outer waterproof layer that is pitched first so you have a dry shelter as fast as possible
* Colour Coded Poles – The colour of the poles matches a colour marker on the polesleeve so you always put the right pole in the right place
* Tunnel Design - Tunnel design gives maximum internal space for minimum pack size and weight
* Pre-Bent Poles - Pre-bent poles mean steeper walls and greater internal space
* Easy To Pitch - Quick and easy to pitch design that can be set-up in no time allowing you to get on with your holiday activities, perfect for touring holidays or weekends away
* PE Groundsheet - Strong and sturdy Polyethylene groundsheet
* Integrated Groundsheet - Fully integrated groundsheet for clean, dry and bug-free camping
* Multiple Doors - So you can enter from different directions depending on the weather
* Multiple Vents - Closable vents for controlable air circulation and ventilation
* Front Porch - Provides room for backpacks and equipment
* Head Height - Generous seated head height in porch area

cheers iain.
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice
madman iaink
single blade freak

26-04-10, 11:46 AM

Well after having a good weekend at bala in this tent here is my conclusion:

An excellant tent for a few days, it was very quick to pitch and take back down afterwards, it was very cold on the first night so it was cold at first when i first got in but after a while it seemed to warm itself up the large porch area was perfect for storing all my equipment in and still left enough room for someone to sit inside in a chair.
With the inner sleeping text up you could fit 4 people in but it wouldnt be comfy so id say this was more a 3 man tent however due to havint a groundsheet fitted directly to the outer tent you dont need to use the inner tent and i think you could easily get an extra person or 2 inside.

All in all a very good purchase i think and will be using this for many years to come hopefully.

cheers iain.
redframe
-Unregistered-

27-04-10, 03:55 PM

(26-04-10, 11:46 AM)madman iaink Wrote: * Fire Retardant Fabrics – Reduces chance of ignition from naked flame and will not flare dangerously out of control

Now THAT would be very useful to one of our members.... Campfire Campfire Campfire

Cheers
Red.
Carry your friends, wherever you go..!
Canoe Cheshire
redframe
-Unregistered-

04-05-10, 07:42 AM

Hi Iain,

Did you mention this tent has curtains...Question They're very useful if you want some privicy.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers
Red.
Carry your friends, wherever you go..!
Canoe Cheshire
madman iaink
single blade freak

04-05-10, 09:00 AM

Pmsl red very random comments indeed from people lol